Pakistan election results 2024 LIVE: Updates on reports of PPP and PML-N in ‘high gear’ to form coalition govt
Pakistan election results 2024 LIVE: Here are the updates on reports of ‘coalition government formation’ by Nawaz Sharif’s PML-N and Bilawal Bhutto Zardari’s PPP,
• Following the recent elections, both the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) and Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) are actively pursuing avenues to establish governments in the Centre, Punjab, and Balochistan, according to Dawn.
• Both parties are proceeding cautiously, keeping their strategies guarded while delicately negotiating the details of a potential power-sharing agreement.
• Today, PPP leader Asif Ali Zardari is set to hold significant meetings in Lahore and Islamabad to discuss the specifics of their proposed coalition, as reported by Dawn.
• Dawn also reported that after the polls, PML-N leader Nawaz Sharif hinted at the formation of a national unity government similar to the PDM alliance. He entrusted his brother and former Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif with the task of initiating consultations for government formation..
• A senior PML-N official said, “The PML-N leadership explored the prospect of supporting the PPP to form the federal government, focusing on Punjab, where Shehbaz Sharif holds a substantial majority.”